Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Scoop: Mo Interview Segment 2

Greetings!

As promised the interview with Mo Manning continues.  I hope that you've been enjoying learning about the artist behind the artwork we love so much.  I thank you for joining me.  Here's mo Mo Manning...


How did you discover the world of digital stamps?

I knew about rubber stamps of course, but had no idea the images could be sold digitally until a complete stranger (now friend and Challenge Blog Leader) Peggy Marsh emailed me just over one year ago. She had stumbled across my online illustration portfolio and said she strongly believed crafters would want to buy my artwork for stamps. My normal field of publishing has been suffering greatly -- I was almost down to my last dollar so I leapt on the idea and started a shop on Etsy. Peggy helped spread the word and the rest is a blur. I worked 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week to build up my collection and eventually was able to move off Etsy thanks to my brother's website building skills. (Now I'm down to 8 hours a day 7 days a week) But I have enjoyed every minute of it.


What about digital stamps attracted you to this genre of artwork?

To tell the truth, I am still nervous about having this much of my work available digitally. I've had a lot of trouble with thefts, and copying and people sharing my images illegally. But the thing I absolutely love is that I can draw whatever I want -- anything under the sun -- and put it up on my blog as soon as I'm finished. Then I get almost instant feedback on whether my fans like it.

 
A big THANKS to Peggy for sharing Mo's talent with us!!
 
Candy
 
Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention