Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A new Digi Artist

Greetings and Happy Sunday!!

Where did last week go?  Aarghh...back to work tomorrow. :-D

First of all, I am so HAPPY that I am 3 followers away from the BIG 100!!  Thank you everyone!  I am making the rounds to make sure that I am following you as well. 

Secondly, I want to introduce you to a new digi designer I met at the annual Mega Meet event that takes place all over the country (I believe), Sue Coccia.  Her artwork fascinated me when I first saw them.  I loved the details and the intricate story that it told.  She was selling rubberstamps and I asked her and her husband if they would considered doing digital stamps.  They contacted Kami over at Scrap Orchard and *walaah*, she now has digital stamps.  I wanted to keep this treasured secret to myself; however, I love my e-buddies too much so I am sharing them with you now. *gigl* My apologies because these pics do not do these images justice.  You have to really look at the image and see the stories that unfold.  I think the Gemini in me attracted me to these images because it is truly more than what the eye sees.  You actually get multiple digis in one image.

Hummingbird

 Swan Dance

Ladybug Luck

Sentiment from Paulette at Create with TLC (of course)

You can get these beautiful images here from Scrap Orchard (and look around while you are there because there are some awesome goodies).  Below are some suggested tips on how to color these intricate images.  Of course these are only suggestions, because of the beautiful details they are sure to ignite your creativity!

Coloring suggestions:

  • I found that I like to color the entire image with a light color (Copics 000 or 0000) just to highlight the image.
  • I then like to choose two or three of the major images within the image to color a little darker to make them stand out.  I always try to choose a color that compliments the lighter colors.
  • I like to add a little Stickles to certain areas to make it pop.
  • These images are perfect for embossing.  Embossing the image makes the larger image stand out. 
  • You could also just do a CAS card by using black and white with maybe a hint of color.
I hope these coloring tips help you and I truly hope that you head over to Scrap Orchard and pick up one (or two) of these images to play with.  Again, you are getting multiple digis in one so it is totally worth it. 

Also, Kami are looking for a few good papercraft designers to work with the wonderful digis that the artist create on Scrap Orchard.  Soooo...if you are interested let me know...cards by candy {at} yahoo {dot} com.

P.S.  Once I reach the big 100, I believe I may give away one of these gorgeous images.  So keep looking out. :-D


Now get to creating...




Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. I love Sue's images and own several of the acrylic images. Thanks so sharing these with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy that she agreed to do digis! Her work is truly stunning. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention