Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

EarthArt International images (Scrap Orchard) - Butterfly and Owl

Greetings!


I want to share with you a few creations I made using EarthArt International's Butterfly and Owl.  These images are so detailed and beautiful.  The creation I made is another tagcard.  I mentioned in my last post that I would share the details of this tagcard.  Well, I'm going to do that in this post because my butterfly card is also a tagcard.  A tagcard (designed by me) is, as you probably guessed, a tag and card in one.  The front of the card is a tag that you can tear off ( I used my perforated paper cutter) and use as a bookmark or gift tag.  Here's my butterfly tagcard...


For my other creation, I used the wise Owl image from EarthArt International. 



I wanted to show you some of the different ways to add color to these images.  I used  a hint of pink for the butterfly and I think it is a good contrast with the black and white.  The coloring technique I used for the owl was to simply change the color in MS Word.  I didn't add any Stickles or Copics to it.  I love how they both turned out.

You can find these and other images at Scrap Orchard.

Now get to creating...





Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!


On a personal note...___________________________________________

I hope you're Saturday is better than the one I am having. :-)  I hate basements.  I truly do not like them, especially Michigan basements.  They are wet mold infested useless caves.  lol  Well, because of this reason I very rarely visit my basement.  I try not to ever go down there, but sometimes it is unavoidable.  Late yesterday I went down in the basement and noticed some unsual things along one wall.  This wall is on the far side of the basement and I don't ever go over there.  Well, upon further inspection I quickly realized that it was fungus.  I literally screamed and ran back up the stairs.  LOL  I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out what to do and then decided to google it.  I discovered a simple solution for destroying it (bleach and water) and a dehumidifier.  I mixed my bleach and water, put on my mask and gloves, headed back downstairs (bucket in hand) and drowned the fungus.  YUCK!!  I will head to the local Home Depot tomorrow and pick up a couple dehumidifiers and some more bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention