Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, September 16, 2011

ADFD New Release and "Gifty" challenge

Greetings!

Wow...it's Friday...again...already!!  I am not complaining because this week has been a rollercoaster of craziness for me.  So I am so happy to get off this ride! *gigl*  I am sharing with you today the New Release "Tiny Teacups" from ADFD along with a gift box I designed (will make a tutorial for anyone interested).  Before I post my creation, I must apologize for the picture.  I made the dreadful mistake of allowing my nephew to see my camera and I don't know what he did, but let's just say it wasn't performing as well. 

Mr. Caden (a.k.a. "The Bully")

I know "what was I thinking?," but look at those eyes.  Heck, I would give the kid my wallet stuffed full with cash (if I had a wallet stuffed full of cash). lol  Well, enough with excuses and on with the creations and the exciting way you can win awesome image from Tammy.  Using the Teacup Fairy, "Extra Cream" I created a gift box to hold hot chocolate (truly it can hold anything from candy to jewlery).  I call it the "C" Box.  I love trying to design complete gift giving items.  Therefore, this box could be the card, the gift and gift holder all in one!


Okay, here's the box cover.  I cleaned this up some so it does look a little better.  Anyway, I added the "Love Birds" from Tammy's images on the front of the cup.  I used a glaze pen to fill in the cream to add texture to it.  The angel wings are stickled and I used a popped dot to make the image stand out.


This is the inside cover fo the box.  I created a sentiment that reads "May your cup runneth over with the sweeter things in life."  As you can see, there is a compartment for you to put your gift goodies.  I was able to put two packets of hot chocolate with marshmallows inside of mine. 


I showed my sister (who is a baker and candy maker) and she wants me to make her some for her goodies.  I created this particular box at 10:30ish on Tuesday night so after stepping back and looking at it I definitely have some tweaks to make to it.  However, once that is done, I will post a tutorial for it.

Now, on to how you can get your hands on this little cutie and so many more.  You can start by heading over to the ADFD store.  Once you have your image, then how about joining us for this week's challenge "Get Gift~y".  We are asking that you make a beverage related "gift" - it could be a teabag holder card or a little box or whatever!   Also, join us on PCP, CDAC and FB for the latest news about all things ADFD!!

Now get to creating...








Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunties for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he is just too precious!!! LOVE the box and can't wait for the tut!! The embossing is gorgeous with this!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! =)
    Love your little box and the image is adorable!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention