Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

CS Designs A mask...

Greetings!

This is my second post for today.  I am still on my color kick and using an image from CS Designs, I created a colorful mask.  On their "Art with no boundaries" challenge blog they have a challenge going on right now called "The Eyes have it."  I must say the creations that these ladies produce over there are stunning. 

Well, here's my creation using one of Chris' beautiful mask.


I wanted to really make the eyes stand out because it is a challenge about eyes.  I printed out two copies of the mask image and cut the eyes out of one of them.  I them colored it up, added some glass glaze over the circles and popped it onto the other image.  Prior to doing this, I colored the eyes using Copics B05.  I also cut out the lips and added glass glaze to them.  I didn't want to color the face, because I think it makes the eyes stand out even more by not doing so.  I added my own sentiment "A mask can never hide what the heart wants the eyes to reveal."  I then added some bling dots and colorful dp and cardstock.  That is  it!  I really love how it turned out.  I think the eyes are haunting yet beautiful.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Challenges:
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes

Now get to creating...







Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

5 comments:

  1. Great colorful mask you made, always fun with colors! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy, I love what you have done with my Solitaire Mysterious Butterfly, and your coloring does make her eyes stand out beautifully. It gives her a sense of mystery. I also love the sentiment, so appropriate for your card. Great minds must think alike, because although a little different, it reminds me of one of the ones in a new Solitaire sentiment series I am currently working on. Thank you for playing along in The Eyes have It challenge at Art With No Boundaries, it's always such a pleasure to see what you do with my designs.

    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is just so beautiful.The lips and eyes really stand out. I loce the bright colours and the sentiment goes perfectly with the overall theme, just so artistic.

    Thanks so much for entering your beautiful card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, hope you will continue to share your inspiring work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this creation Candy! Love the CS Designs image and you have really made the eyes stand out! Great bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hauntingly beautiful is right! Your sentiment is so true! Congratulations on being top five in The Eyes Have It challenge on Art With No Boundaries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention