Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Whimsy Stamps "Whimsy Owl"

Greetings!

I hope your Tuesday is going well.  After a couple of long post, this one will be short and sweet.  I wanted to update you on the post from yesterday.  I mentioned a tutorial for what I call "digital masking," and I haven't forgotten about it; however, I will be revealing that tutorial and sharing some other exciting news soon.  You don't want to miss out on that.

Well, today I am sharing with you another whimisical image from Whimsy Stamps.  As you recall, I am Guest DTing  for them this month.  I can't belive that next Monday will be the end of April.  Where did the time go? Time does fly when you are having fun!  I chose to work with the Whimsy Owl.  I think his facial expression is so classic.  He could be saying so much with those eyes. lol  I chose a sentiment from Paulette at Create with TLC, "Owl be yours" to accompany my Owl.

Here's my creation...



I used SU cardstock and dp for my 6 x 6 card.  I also used SU Circle and Scallop circle punches for the sentiment and Spellbinder's Circle dies for the owl and background.  The chocolate cardstock is actually Cor'dinations.  The flourish is from Cheery Lynn.  I added buttons and ripped the edges using Tim Holtz's Tonic distressing tool.  I used Copics E50, E51, and E53 to color the owl as well as YR02, E41, YG61 and YG61 and YG67.

Challenges:
Tammy's Scapin Corner:  Anything Goes with a Critter twist


Thanks for looking and commenting.

Now get to creating...






Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!


3 comments:

  1. Candy so super cute. I love this little owl. Come on over and enter my challenge totally fits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy
    Whohooo you came over and entered. Girl this owl is the bomb.. Love it love it love it..

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

    I hope to see you enter next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors you went with! Love your coloring and I especially how you've dotted the background.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention