Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let no man put asunder...

Greetings!

I hope your week is going well.  My week is moving along. :-)

Today I would like to share with you a card I made just for the fun of it.  I was playing around on the web and found this digital stamp store and in the store I found this stamp.  I immediately purchased it...colored it...and let it sit on my worktable for a couple of weeks.  Every week I would add something else to the image.  First it was the cardstock base, then the papers, then the cage, etc. etc.  I finally sat down this past weekend and put it all together.  I would have to say that my obession with "Say yes to that dress," was my muse for this card. lol

Here's my card...

Let no man put asunder


Bride and Groom - Maruva DQ, Inc.
 This card was a bit different from my normal card, but I like to step out of the box every once in a while.  I wanted to make this card appear to be a cross between old vintage, but still elegant and modern.  As I mentioned before, this card kind of just came together.  I colored up the image and let it sit for a while.  I then got a new 6x6 paper pack from MME and used some sheets from that along with cardstock from SU and Kraft paper I picked up at the last Megameet event I attended.  I begin to layer on embellishments.  I started with the svg cage from Bird (no not birdcage...lol) who is so very generous with her creations.  I look forward to playing with some of her other goodies on there.  I used Cheery Lynn flourish dies and SU heart punches.  The pearl flowers were from Terri Collins and the other flowers are from Wild Orchids.  I added the "wish" key which was something I had in my stash.  I aso finished the edges of my card using a white pen and glitter (I didn't feel like pulling out the sewing machine). *smile*

Well, there it is in a nutshell.  Thanks for looking and commenting.

Challenge(s):
Jackson's Digital Expressions Challenge:  Anything Goes  *Placed in Top 3*
Try it on Tuesday:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge:  Anything Goes

Now get to creating...

 Candy
Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

19 comments:

  1. This card is soooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovel card, all the layers and the colour scheme go together perfectly! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! The embellishments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job of layering! The textures and mixture of embellishments really catch the eye. We're so glad to have you participate with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful card! I love the embellishments and your color choices are fabs. It has been a while since I checked out Maruva DQ Inc. I will have to pay them a visit. Thanks For Sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful!! I love that image and the dress is gorgeous :) It's simply a mini work of art. I'm off to check out that site now! LOL!! Thanks for joining us this week at Jackson's Digital Expressions :)

    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at JDE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful love all the embellishments thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card with a beautiful image.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is truly beautiful, the detail is awesome!
    Grrrt job. Thank you for sharing you beautiful card with us at JDE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and image. It really shows that you put your time and love in your work. The image is beautiful and I love the detail on the bride's dress. Thank you so much for participating on a Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love your image and embellishments, thanks for joining us at CYP, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning. Very nice. Thanks for joining in on the fun at JDE. DT CAS Leader, Berni

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful card. You did really well for someone that was out of her box ;)

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning card, love the addition of the key to this card. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention