Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Birdie Brown's Freebie Challenge

Greetings!

Happy Friday!  I can't tell you how excited I am that the weekend is here.  It's been a long week.  I started my exercise program back up and boy am I feeling it. lol  Today I want to share with you a card I made using the adorable image from Torico over at Birdie Brown.  Torico is so generous that she gives away a freebie monthly and then allows us to enter them in her awesome challenge.  I couldn't wait to color this little guy up using some yummy Fall colors.

Here's my creation...


I started out with a 6x6 scallop cardstock based.  I layered on some SU Chocolate chip cardstock and then some dp from 6x6 pad.  I then had some extra dp leftover from another project and it had some cool Fall colors so I layered that on as well.  I used my Spellbinder's Wonky Rectangle diecuts to cut out the mat, dp and image.  I then added a little sentiment tab and a leaf.  I love the colors and now that I look at my card it could totally be a male card, don't you think?

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Challenge(s):
DYSU:  Warm colors
Milk and Coffee challenge:  Welcome Fall
Sarah Hurley Challenge:  Fall

Now get to creating...






Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

11 comments:

  1. How sweet and adorable this is. I love it. Great job Candy...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout & great combination of dp! Thank you for joining my freebie challenge this month!:)

    Have a great weekend.
    Birdie Brown ~Torico

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully designed. Love everything about it. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring...esp the cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful image wonderfully coloured! A fun and happy card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card-such a cute image!Thanks for sharing him with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a dear little thing

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah how sweet and I love that little leaf, nice touch. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention