Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ADFD Challenge: Add some Red

Greetings!

I am slowly, but surely trying to get back into my cardmaking.  I have been working on several different projects for various people/reasons.  Today, I am sharing with you a very simple card that I put together using images from "A Day for Daisies" for their challenge to use the color red.  If you are in to silent films, then these guys are going to look very familiar to you. :-)  I personally have never seen any silent films, but do enjoy several "classic" movies from the past. 

Here's my creation...

You're a Classic!

I used various images from this collection and merged them into a filmstrip (how appropriate, right) and then used ink to make it a little more aged.  I simply used leftover strips of dp and then layered the filmstrip on top.  I didn't color them, because those films were black and white. :-) 

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Now get to creating...

 
Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

3 comments:

  1. Love the filmstrip. Thanks for joining us this week at ADFD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm guessing on those images: The Three Stooges and Charlie Chaplin. I'm not much on the silent movies but have watched a few :O). Wonderful card, love your merging of the images onto the photo strip and the so appropriate sentiment.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card~! Love how you made it a film strip.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention