Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm back....with Candy!!!

 Greetings!

I am back from vacation and boy what a vacation it turned out to be.  Let's see...I had to extend my stay because my mom became ill, found out my doctor made national news (and not for a good reason) and I became ill.  It never fails, I have yet to take a "true" vacation. *smile*

Despite all those things, God still has a way to put a smile on my face and the image I used on the card I made did it for me.  This cutie is called "Girly Girl Candy" (yep Candy as in me!) by Mo Manning.  I feel like a rockstar to know that Mo thought about me when she created her. 
 

Sweet Life
I wanted to do something fun with her and decided to design this fun "candy" card using my Cameo. I came up with the color combo after I saw the dp and then added yellow to give it a pop.  I colored her using my Copic markers and added gel to her ribbon and bow.  I also added Stickles to her socks.  The awesome wordart "You make life sweet" came from none other than Paulette at Create with TLC.  She really does make life sweet with all the goodies she so generously gives away. *smile*

I purchased some other adorable images from Mo and can't wait to color them up and get back in the swing of things. 

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Challenge(s):

Now get to creating...

 

Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your mom's and your health. I hope you're both better now. I thoughtofyou when I first saw this image, well, when I saw the name. How sweet! (pun totally intended!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy, glad to hear you are feeling better - best wishes to you and your Mom. Your card is adorable. Mo came out with so many adorable images I know I bought a few the other week too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention