Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Create with TLC: Friendship

Greetings!

Happy Thursday everyone!  What's your plans for the upcoming weekend?  I hope to do some crafting tomorrow night with my crafting buddies.  I have a few projects I would like to get checked off my list as "done!"  Saturday I hope to get up early and walk to my mom's house.  It is about a 6 mile walk so I am looking forward to it.  My fingers are crossed for dry sunny weather.  I don't need it to be warm (would prefer that it wasn't) because walking will keep me nice and toasty.  I love walking especially this time of year when God is changing out the landscape and added dashes of yummy jewel colors everywhere.  My tree is already losing her leaves.  Wowzer!

I am dropping in today to share a card I made using Sylvia Zet Wee stamp "Amy."  I had created a frame for my e-buddy Kim to use with a card she was making.  She wanted me to design her something that would work with a circle easel card.  You can check out the card and frame here on her blog.  (I will be selling this frame and many other soon. So keep a look out here for further details.  You can email me at cards by candy at yahoo dot com if you are intersted in me designing one for you.).  When I saw what image she was using I told her how much I really liked the image, but I didn't own any.  Well, I lied.  I didn't know they were called Wee stamps.  I saved the three that I have as Sylvia Zet stamps which are also called Wee stamps apparently.  Well long story that I am about to make very short, I used "Amy" to make my card.  I also designed another frame called "Friendship" to go along with this stamp.

Here's my creation...

Friendship
This card has multiple stories that led to its creation.  I just told you about the first one and now here's the second story, oddly enough involving Kim once again. lol  Kim proposed a challenge to me, (which she does often) to figure out how to use my Cameo to "cut out-of-the box."  We crafters do this often with our Nestabilities and scissors, but she wanted me to figure out how to make the machine do all the work.  I immediately took on the challenge and literally 15 minutes later, I had Ms. Amy cut out in a cirlce and her balloon sticking out of the circle.  I truly think God put her in my life to challenge me (in a good way).  Well done my friend! lol 

Okay, enough stories and now on to how I put this card together.  Well I started with 6x6 kraft card base, layered on some pink Bazzill cardstock and then MME Miss Caroline dp which I stitched on the sewing machine.  I then cut out the friendship frame and the sentiment mat using the pink cardstock.  I flipped the dp and used a strip to run across the center of my card with a Kraft mat.  I colored my image using Copics, Stickles and Copica pen.  I added some flowers from Wild Orchid and I could not complete this card without adding the perfect sentiment from Create with TLC

Moral of this blog post...don't be afraid to take on a challenge. :-)

You have for more days left before the next Create with TLC goodie club starts.  You don't want to miss out on this.  I already signed up.  Paulette is so very generous and it's like Christmas everyday when you get wordart, images, digi papers, colored images and more delivered right to your in-box.  Don't miss out!  Sign up today. 

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Challenge(s):
Crafter's Cafe Blog challenge:  Diecut ("friendship" frame)
Creative Moments:  Frame it ("friendship" frame)
Handmade Harbour:  Friend or family
Simon Says Blog Challenge:  Anything Goes
Wordart Wednesday Challenge:  Use encouraging or uplifting sentiment

Now get to creating...


Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card - I love the detail on there and it's a lovely image. Thanks for playing along with Handmade Harbour this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cute card, loving the image, beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card thanks for sharing with handmade harbour corner this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the image you used, so sweet
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful cute card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is lovely, the image is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your coloring on this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy!!
    You are AMAZING! I just love it! Just now getting round to blog! You did it. I can't wait for the tutorial on this!! I am so glad I challenged you. More to come don't you worry.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable image. Great card! Thank you for joining us this week at Crafter's café!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention