Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Create with TLC: "Oh Deer Winter is here" candle holders

Greetings!

Brrr...it is cold and it has been a while since my last post.  Life has taken over and mix in the holidays and I've been going non-stop.  One of the things that I have been doing is learning how to work with vinyl.  Oh boy, has it been a blast.  My project that I am sharing with you today is the results of my first try at working with vinyl. 

I used some awesome wordart from Create with TLC combined with some svg deer I found online and came up with some wonderful Christmas gifts for my friends.

Here's my project...
Oh Deer

Oh Deer Winter is Here candle holders



I used my Cameo to cut out the wordart from Create with TLC. I was really nervous, because it was my first time cutting vinyl and boy is this stuff expensive. I was very pleased to discover that it cut perfect on the first try and I love how the lettering turned out. I added some silhouettes of different deers that I had recieved with a svg packet. The glass jars came from the local Dollar store as well as the candles. After applying the vinyl, I sprayed some protective spray over the vinyl. It is made by Kryolan who makes several different paint products.
 
I will be linking these up to the Show It Off Sunday over at Create with TLC and these will end up as gifts for my friends.  I am now working on transferring pictures to tiles.  The possibilities are endless, but the time to accomplish it all isn't. *smile*
 
OH yeah!  Paulette has also been working with vinyl and wordart.  Check out this gorgeous canvas that she is giving away to one lucky winner here!  (fingers crossed it is me-lol) 
 
Thanks for looking and commenting!

Show it Off Sunday:  Oh Deer Candle Holders
 
Now get to creating...
 
 
Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great project. How perfect your first one turned out. Are you addicted? I am. lol What file format did you use for the word art in Silhouette Studio?
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Candy these are both beautiful. I am shocked it is vinyl. When I had my store I painted on tiles but would love to know how you are planning to transfer an image to the tiles. You are sooo talented my friend. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention