Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Wednesday (and Challenge)

Greetings!

Happy Hump Day!  Today I am sharing with you a card I created for Whimsy Stamps using Poppy Love.  The challenge this week is to create a monochromatic card.  I must say that I don't believe I have ever created a monochromatic card, but was up for the challenge.  I decided to go with a yellowish-green color scheme. 

Here's my card...

Poppy Love

I created a 5x5 card using cardstock form Michaels.  I used my Spellbinder's Label #17 to cut a design at the bottom of the card.  I then used CTMH stamp to stamp the sentiment.  I added some flowers from Wild Orchids and flourishes from Cheery Lynn.  I used Copics YG11, Y00, and YG01 to color the image.  The ribbon was from my stash and the key was part of a set I found as going through my craft draw.

Make sure you head over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge blog and join us for this week's challenge.  I would love to see how you do monochromatic.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Challenge(s):
Going Grey w/Scrap Creations Challenge:  Use anything you bought from last two months (key)
StampnPlus challenge:  Anything Goes
The Crafty Bloggers Network:  Anything Goes
Digi Makeover Challenge:  Monochrome

Now get to creating...



Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

8 comments:

  1. The yellow-green is a perfect color choice and adds to the fun. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice on the yellowish-green. It's fresh and cheerful. it goes perfectly with this whimsical stamp. Fun card design. Thanks for linking up to our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, love the colour combo and the flower embellishments! Great image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card. Thanks for playing with us in this weeks Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. Thanks for joining in. Sarah CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color green!!! So pretty!
    Thank you so much for joining with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - hope to see you back again :)

    PMS DT Yolie
    www.justyolie.c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I missed this one. Great job, Candy love the greens...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I Love that sentiment. It fits for a bunch of different occasions. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention