Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Create with TLC: PRAY

Greetings!

Happy Wednesday to you!  I've been a busy little bee at work and in my craftroom.  I am taking a moment to share one of my creations with you today that is based off a sentiment from Create with TLC.  I am sure that you have heard or seen all the things that are going on in Syria, the shootings at the Naval base and the myriad of other tragic stories that are surfacing daily.  Well, I am a strong believer in the power of prayer.  I have seen what prayer can and has done for myself, loved ones, friends and strangers.  Prayer works, but like any tool you have to use it. 

Recently, I have been praying a lot more for various situations, indivduals and just talking to God in general.  I came across this wordart from Paulette and it pretty much summed up my feelings on prayer...I want the power to resound around me at all times.

Here's my creation...

PRAY
This card came together literally in pieces.  I started out finding this dp in my stash of scraps and thought I need to use this.  I set it aside on my craft table and later threw a piece of brown cardstock scrap next to it and then the pink cardstock.  I left it sitting for a few days and then was playing on my sewing machine and decided to stitch the pieces together to form the bottom piece.  I had more paper and cardstock leftover, added some reddish cardstock to the mix and stitched that together.  Next thing I knew I had this card.  I added some flourishes adn cut out scalloped circle mats and topped it off with this sentiment.  Very simple card with a powerful message. 

Check out the Create with TLC blog to find out the latest happenings (snag some freebies-leave some LOVE) and check out the store for this and so many other goodies.

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Now get to creating...


Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention