Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mo's DP2 Challenge: CAS

Greetings!

I hope that your Saturday is off to a good start.  Did you remember to buy your mom a card...gift...dinner reservations, perhaps?  Me and my siblings are still working out what it is that we are going to do.  It seems to always be a few of the girls who end up planning everything.  Figures!?  The boys just show up and my mom thinks that they are so thoughtful to have remembered, but little does she know we had to remind them like a bizzillion times. lol  Oh well, that will continue to be our little secret.

Today, I would like to share a CAS card with you that I made for Mo's DP2 challenge.  As you can tell by the title of my post it is Clean and Simple challenge.  A lot of people struggle with CAS cards, because it requires that you sit on your urge to pile on the embellishments and layers of paper and cardstock.  I learned from a fellow crafter, who in my opinion does CAS cards like no body business, that it is important to make sure that your image is colored well or the little bit of dp that you use really stands out.  Since CAS cards are so "bare," in order for them to work the eye will focus on what is there.  In comparison with a regular card, your coloring can be okay, because the eye will have embellishments and other things to distract from it.  Whatever you put on a CAS card, because the focus of the person viewing the card.  Soooo, practice truly makes perfect with CAS cards so I always like to take part in these types of challenges to practice my CASabilities (yep, I made it up). :-)

For this challenge I am entering the card below; however, I was on a roll so I will share two cards with you.

1st Card for the challenge:  "Big Butt?"

Big Butt
I LOVE this image.  I know I say this a lot about Mo's image, but I do LOVE pretty much all of them.  When I bought this image a while ago, I was going to use the sentiment from Paulette at Create with TLC that was "put your big girl panties on."  However, when I went to pull it out to do it for this challenge, I changed my mind.  I looked at how she was looking over her shoulder and then the sentiment above came to me.  I immediately asked Paulette if she could make it for me and promised her that it would be put to good use.  She did and now you can get it as a freebie on her blog.  Hurry while it is still up and check out all the other goodies in her store. Don't forge to leave LOVE!!

I started out with a coral piece of cardstock that I rounded the ends.  The cardstock has texture which is another way to dress up a CAS card.  I layered on white cardstock that I used MS lace punch on both ends and some SU dp on top.  I then used my Spellbinder's die to cut out the sentiment and light blue mat.  I colored this cutie using Copic markers and then went over her undies with a white gel pen.

2nd card:  "God's increase"


God's gives the increase

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Challenge(s):
Mo's DP2 challenge: CAS
Now get to crafting...

Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Candy and thanks for that information I thought it looked like a Mo's image...cheers and keep in touch...aNNie...DT sista for Beccy's..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards with gorgeous designs and colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Candy I love both of these cards. I also love how you explained what a CAS Card is. Great explanation...I got the "freebie" image from Paulette and should have known it would be you who inspired it....lol I also thought of this very same image to go with it. Great minds think alike...lol Great CAS Cards...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are truly adorable and perfect for this week's challenge at Mo's! Love the really neat look of your cards and the bright colors! Also, the sentiment on the first one is simply hilarious!
    Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention