Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Friday, April 1, 2011

ADFD New Release and "Stitching" Challenge

Greetings!

Wow, it is Friday already (not complaining)!  It is also April Fool's Day. lol  I use to be really good at pranking people on April Fool's Day.  One time I got my sister really good.  She's this oober talented artist and I called her up one day and pretended that I was from this prestigous art school in New York.  I told her that I just had to have her come to my school.  LOL...she fell for it and me and my other siblings got quite the laugh out of that one.  My mother on the otherhand didn't find it funny.  Nor did my my sister...it took 20 something years later for her to see the humor. :-D

Oh well, today is the new release over at ADFD and it kicks off the challenge.  This week's challenge begins today and ends April 14th.  The theme is "In Stitches." Here's a chance to dust off that old sewing needle and show us your skill. Add stitches to your creation. For those who don't own a needle (or care to dust it off) I have seen some pretty impressive hand drawn stitches, and let's not forget about fantastic rub-ons!

As usual, Tammy has outdone herself with the gorgeous images.  She has created the cutest little easter images for us to play with this week.  I chose to play with the Easter Babies.  I call my creation "Eggstra Special Delivery"....



I love Easter for all that it represents and because gorgeous "happy" colors are associated with Easter and Spring.  I tried to capture that in my creation.  The image reminded me of Anne Geddes photo.  The little babies are posed so perfectly in this eggshell.  I feathered the copic colors on the eggshell to give the look of a dyed egg.  I also took a glaze pen and went over it to give it a shine.  As far as my stitching goes, you can't really see it but it is on the sparkling dp and the ribbon (honest-lol).

Sooo...I showed you my stitching now I want to see what you can do.  Head over to the store and purchasing one (or two, three, four, etc.) of these cuties (or use an ADFD image you already have) and join us for this week's challenge.  See you there...

I will add my recipe this evening.

Challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Bling and Sparkles
Lili of the Valley: Spring
Paper Romance Challenge: Bling

Now get to stitching...


Remember:  There are no mistakes in card making, only opportunities for creativity!




6 comments:

  1. Very lovely card, Candy, love all the details and colours :-) Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Candy! I love that idea of feathering the strokes to look more like a real dyed egg! This week I HAD TO HAVE Easter Delivery! Maybe I'll get a chance to play. I haven't played anywhere just for fun in so long! Oh, and I have something for you on my blog... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card! Love the little egg!
    Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card love all the detail. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is simply gorgeous, love the image that you have chosen and fab colours, thanks for joining us this week at Lili of the Valley with ur spring theme, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so adorable! Love how you brought in the bling :)

    Thanks for joining PR this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention