Candy Dish

Follow me here too!

Like what you see? Then follow me!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good news and "Spring" card

Greetings!

Hope your Thursday is going smoothly!  Today I am sharing with you some good news (at least to me) and a Spring card that I created.  I will start with the news first.  As you know, I was the GDT for Whimsy Stamps for April and they asked me to stay on as a permanent DT.  I am so excited and happy about this!  I ladies on the team are so encouraging and supporting and for me that is very important.  I believe that I will be inspired and challenged to create and I can't wait to share my creations with you. 

Okay, now on to my card share for today.  I wanted to create a card where the sentiment was the main focal point, so I created a sentiment and designed this card.  I think at the time we were having real Spring like weather here in Michigan unlike today. :-)

Here's my card...


I used SU cardstock and added layered dp.  I used the Spellbinders Circle and Beaded Circle diecuts.  I added Cheery Lynn's flourish (cut in two different colors) along with flowers from Wild Orchids. I created the sentiment myself on the computer.  I did whip out my sewing machine and added some stitching.  I figure the more I practice the better I will become.  I can only hope!

Challenges:
Inky Impressions Challenges:  Anything goes
Little Darlings Stamps Challenge:  Flowers
Scrapalicious USA Challenge:  Flower Power

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Now get to creating...







Remember:  There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for creativity!

3 comments:

  1. Yes we would not let her go. We so adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy!!
    Love it omw! Someone love WOC and Sewing!! Congratulations!! On the Dteam girl!!! Love the inspiration.
    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sugar sweet comments! :-)

Sue Nelson and I

Sue Nelson and I
2009 Rubber Stamp Convention